- Visit Smoky Cape Light House perched high on a headland in the beautiful Hat Head National Park, the most elevated lighthouse on the east coast.
Explore Our National Parks and Local Walks
- Retrace history along the easy-walking historic Bridle Trail near Trial Bay Gaol in Arakoon National Park - a beautiful walk through regenerated coastal heathlands and majestic gums.
- Take the fabulous short walk to the historic powder magazines on the headland at Arakoon National Park - breathtaking views.
- Monument Hill walking track has spectacular coastal views - An easy track, great for children.
Unwind on Our Beautiful Beaches
- Horseshoe Bay is home to an excellent right hand wave that's the locals' choice when we have east coast lows.
- Main Beach stretches 3.5km around to Trial Bay - great for lazy walks and tranquil swimming.
- Trial Bay is a shallow, sheltered little cove protected from the swell by a break wall and is one of the few west facing beaches in NSW - watch the sun set over the water!
- South Smoky Beach has 4WD access for those with a beach driving permit. Pull up anywhere along this long sandy stretch and have the beach to yourself.
Throw in a Line
There are a multitude of options for the avid fishermen at South West Rocks. With mulloway rock walls at the entrance, the river also produces bream, luderick, flathead and whiting. The freshwater reaches of the river are highly regarded for native bass. Off shore species caught in these waters include marlin, wahoo, yellowtail kingfish, cobia, dolphinfish, spotted and Spanish mackerel, longtail and yellowfin tuna, and tailor. For those who prefer to fish the bottom, the most sought-after fish include snapper and mulloway.
Water Sports Anyone?
Whether you love snorkelling, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, surfing, body boarding, jet skiing, boating or fishing, Horseshoe Bay is the perfect spot.
Paid Attractions & Service Providers
For more information about our beautiful Macleay Valley and what there is to do, visit