Explore Our National Parks and Local Walks
Choose one of the many walking tracks through Hat Head National Park, home to splendid sand dunes stretching for miles. Including -
- Kinchela Trig Lookout Walk, a short, easy track that leads gradually uphill to reveal spectacular views of coastal estuaries and mountain hinterland.
- Jack Perkins walking track, a short walk downhill through whispering she-oaks that boasts some of the best views in Hat Head National Park.
- Rainforest Walking Track, a charming stroll through rare coastal rainforest - a great way to introduce kids to the joys of wildlife spotting and bird watching.
Go fishing or whale watching (in season) on the beaches of Hat Head National Park.
Unwind on Our Beautiful Beaches
- Enjoy protected swimming with your family at Hat Head Beach at high tide as Korogoro Creek fills with water. Surfers can try out the quick right hand break at the base of an extinct volcano at Flat Rock, at the entrance to Korogoro Creek.
- South Smoky Beach is a long sandy beach stretching north to Smoky Cape Lighthouse. 4WD access allows you to pull up a million miles from anyone and have the beach to yourself.
- Get away from the crowds on secluded Killick Beach. Find beach breaks right along the beach in addition to a solid left hand wave in the corner. (May be accessed through Hungry Camping Area.)
Throw in a Line
- Hat Head is best known for its ocean fishing with good snapper, mulloway, Spanish and spotted mackerel, cobia, pearl perch, marlin, kingfish and drummer.
- Creek fishing yields good catches of luderick, bream, flathead, mangrove jacks and bass, whiting and mud crabs.
- Bird Rock and Spinning Ledge are great for land based game fishing.
- A Public Boat Ramp available at Korogoro Creek.
Water Sports Anyone?
Love snorkelling, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, surfing, body boarding, jet skiing, boating or fishing? Hat Head is the perfect spot.
Paid Attractions & Service Providers
For more information about our beautiful Macleay Valley and what there is to do, visit