Explore Our National Parks and Local Walks
- From the Holiday Park, follow an unpaved walking track up to a scenic lookout over Stuarts Point with South West Rocks in the distance. See the Macleay River's past and present river mouth, macadamia nut and avocado farms and the majestic Smoky Cape.
- Take a one-hour beach walk along Grassy Head Beach, over Grassy Head and return along the beach to Stuarts Point.
- Visit the splendid rainforests of the Way Way State Forest and the Pines Picnic area just behind Grassy Head...or Yarrahapinni Lookout with its breathtaking views.
- Use the old stone steps at the end of Millington Ave to reach the old Pilot Station flagstaff.
- Take the 4 Wheel drive access to Trial Bay and the North side of the Macleay River breakwall.
Unwind on Our Beautiful Beaches
- Grassy Head Beach, located directly opposite the Holiday Park, is an excellent surfing beach with a great right hander peeling off the point with a sifting beach break further up. On calm days it is suited to snorkelling - you can work your way around the rocks observing the scores of fish that inhabit the area.
- The southern end of the 2 km long beach, in the lee of Grassy Head is a popular shady camping area. There are often good beach and point surfing breaks against Grassy Head.
Throw in a Line
The southern rocks have the best access and gutters, with shifting gutters up both beaches...catch bream, drummer, flathead, luderick, mulloway, rock blackfish, tailor, trevally, whiting...
Water Sports Anyone?
Whether you love snorkelling, swimming, surfing, body boarding or fishing, Grassy Head is the perfect spot to enjoy your holiday.
Paid Attractions & Service Providers
For more information about our beautiful Macleay Valley and what there is to do, visit